Is your business having severe problems and is going out of business? Below are the Top Reasons for going out of business followed by the complete list.
You can take fast, easy, and efficient steps to avoid going out of business. This may include securing working capital to bridge the difficult period. We have numerous options for all business situations.
Top Reasons for going out of business
1. Running out of Money. Running out of money is probably the main reason for going out of business. There are different circumstances under which businesses run out of money. The business is going through a slow period. Revenues have been low since the business opened. Find out the top ways on how to get money to stay in business.
3. Too much debt and overhead. The owners or the business itself may have too much debt and overhead to deal with. They can’t handle it and go out of business.
4. Insufficient starting capital. Many businesses never really had enough capital to start. Often there are problems after opening. This is followed by the business not having enough capital to overcome them.
5. Unable to get financing or enough financing. Many businesses need working capital or other types of business financing after starting. Some of these needs are critical. If they cannot get the financing needed for equipment or short term working capital, the business may not survive.
6. Not enough back up capital or emergency capital. Business owners have liquid assets and net worth. If the business needs more working capital than
7. Bad Employees. This is usually employees that are bad performers with low quality work and low production. Some employees are out sick on leave a lot.
8. Bad Marketing and Sales. Some businesses have owners with expertise in certain areas. They may have technical but not sales and customer service. These other areas can be crucial to the survival of the business.
9. Inflexible ownership. This is resistance to change or new ideas. Many business owners have aggressive take charge personalities. This is often what drives them to accomplishing starting a business. It can hurt some business owners significantly. Many business owners are not open to new ideas or alternatives different than the ones they believe in. They are often very resistant to criticism.
10. Market changes. Businesses need to keep up with what is happening in their industry and stay up. Some businesses show poor awareness to market trends and changes.
11. Not keeping track of competition. Businesses that do not keep track of what the competition is doing may be left behind. Competitors may introduce new products, programs and incentives.
The reasons listed are usually the top reasons for going out of business. Some solutions and ideas are offered to avoid going out of business. If your business is closing, the SBA offers a list of items to consider when going out of business.